Thursday, November 4, 2010

James Freud... very sad.


It's sad that we lost another great musician today. James Freud. Best known as a member of the Models and for writing two of their biggest hits, Barbados and Out Of Mind, Out Of Sight.

The world moves in strange ways. It was only just recently after seeing the Models being inducted into the Aria Hall Of Fame that I posted on Facebook that the best thing they ever did was to get James Freud. Then even yesterday I was going through some records and looking at my James Freud / Models vinyl. Check out the above links to see a lot more of the ground breaking bands he was involved with.

Sitting in the car today I hear come over the radio the sad news that James Freud had taken his own life. He was found at about 9:30am this morning by family in his Hawthorn home. I have heard about his battle with drug and alcohol addiction though I had never met him at all. I know of him as an amazing musician and as has been told by his fellow muso's, was a great friend.

From a fellow lover of great music he will be sadly missed.

My thoughts go out to all his family and friends.

R.I.P.
Rock In Peace.

No comments: