Friday, July 30, 2010

Night.



There is something comforting in the night. All around me are peaceful and although I miss their laughter, I enjoy the quiet the night has to offer. It's honest. There's no bullshit. The trucks have gone. Most of the cars are sleeping. My street is only distracted from this nights breeze by a swaying branch scraping upon the guttering outside my window.

The early hours walk upon a street can clear the chaos from one's head and then fill it with freer thought. A thought with more direction and a constant purpose.

The walk home from a gig during these hours is beautiful. The smile plastered on your face from the last drink, the thrill of meeting Alain Johannes still dancing in your head. The streets are clear but for the taxi's that never stop, the wind in the trees and the silence slamming to a halt as that crazed car of youth lead by the newly awarded P plater goes literally screaming by.

Night has its moment's. Loneliness. Longing. Thoughts can take you by the throat and wring your dry. It is also a time to reflect on the enjoyment of the day. Watching my children play effortlessly with their grandparents. Smiles as big as the world we live in. These thoughts are perfect. As I ready myself to sleep and continue on my journey of this night, I will think of them, they are my comfort.

No comments: